When the righteous cry for help, the Lord hears and delivers them out of all their troubles. —Psalm 34:17
Is there any hope, in our lifetime, for the world to witness a united and revived Church? Could we really see our culture turn to Jesus as the only answer to the plague of sin, chaos, and brokenness?
God’s hand is not moved to act when His people gripe over their troubles, bicker, or blame others (as we’re all prone to do). God’s hand isn’t moved when we trust a government subsidy or political party to deliver us. God’s hand is moved when we humbly cry out.
When the Israelites prayed in desperate times of judgment, God assured them with this promise:
“If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land” (2 Chron. 7:14).
We can expect God to hear and answer when we cry out:
- “Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you” (1 Pet. 5:6).
- Pray: I humbly bend before You, Mighty God. Expose the hidden pride lurking in my heart.
- “‘Seek the Lord while he may be found; call upon him while he is near’” (Isa. 55:6).
- Pray: Father, give me a hunger for Your presence, love for Your Word, and grace to walk in Your ways.
- “Repent therefore, and turn back, that your sins may be blotted out” (Acts 3:19).
- Pray: Lord, search my heart. How am I guilty of the sins I criticize in others?
Isn’t it time we cry out together with faith in the One who rules the universe? God is the only One who can help us—if we will ask.
Ready to Cry Out! with us in earnest? What you’re seeing on the blog is only a glimpse of the content you’ll receive by signing up for the 31-Day Cry Out! Email Challenge. Join us as we cry out “for such a time as this”!