— Audio Player —
Nancy Leigh DeMoss: I find it easy to rush right through a day without taking time to evaluate whether I’m doing the right things from the right motives. Sometimes I need to stop and examine my life.
The Puritan writer, John Fletcher, used a series of questions to examine his heart.
- Do I have pride?
- Am I dead to all desire for praise?
- Do I have the presence of God in my life?
- Am I free from the fear of man?
- Do I embrace the cross in every way it presents itself to me?
Nancy: It's important to take some time on a regular basis to stop and take stock and place our lives under God's divine searchlight.
- Am I willing to give up my ease and my convenience to minister to others?
- Am I ready to give up a point when I am contradicted?
- Am I content with whatever is or may be, feeling that God, the Author of all events, does and will do all for my good?
With Seeking Him, I’m Nancy Leigh DeMoss.
*Offers available only during the broadcast of the podcast season.