Nancy’s seventh principle in “Hope for Uncertain Times: Surviving—And Thriving—In An Economic Crisis” is:
Place your confidence in the Lord.
He can be trusted. He loves you, He knows what you are facing, and He cares for you. These circumstances have not caught Him off guard. He is still on His throne and is accomplishing His purposes in your life and in the world. Trust Him to meet your needs—He will provide. Now is a time to see what God can do. (1 Kings 17:1-16; Matt. 6:25-34)
If you are struggling to place your confidence in Him:
- Remember what God has done in the past. (Deut. 8:2)
- Rely on His character. (Psalm 36:5, 7)
- Rehearse His promises. (Joshua 23:14)
- Refuse to give in to fear or anxiety. (Psalm 46:1-3; Isa. 54:10)
- Refrain from taking matters into your own hands. Don’t let fear drive you to places God doesn’t want you to go. (Gen. 12:10f; Ruth 1:1f)
We’d love to hear where you’re at. Are you relying on God to meet your needs, or on some other source? Does your response to adversity demonstrate faith or fear? Dependence on Him or self-reliance?