— Audio Player —
Nancy DeMoss Wolgemuth: The book of 1 Timothy tells women to “adorn themselves in respectable apparel, with modesty and self-control” (2:9). How do you do that when it seems like immodesty is everywhere? Let me suggest seven choices.
- Live your life to please God and bring Him glory.
- Say, “Lord, my body belongs to You.”
- Decide to be modest because it pleases God.
- Resolve to be morally pure.
- Commit to never dress in a way that would tempt men to lust.
- Stand against the culture when it’s contrary to the Word of God.
- Be humble and open to the input of others.
Modesty isn’t necessarily about a list of acceptable clothes. It comes from a commitment to Christ and a commitment to purity. Would you spend some time talking with Him about this issue?
With Seeking Him, I’m Nancy DeMoss Wolgemuth.
*Offers available only during the broadcast of the podcast season.
Support the Revive Our Hearts Podcast
Darkness. Fear. Uncertainty. Women around the world wake up hopeless every day. What if you could play a part in bringing them freedom, fullness, and fruitfulness instead? Your gift ensures that we can continue to spread the message that Christ is King and that the way to know Him is through His Word. Spread gospel hope! Donate now.Donate Now